If you’re not networking, you’re not-working
There’s a lot going on in the digital marketing space: Affiliate World Asia in Bangkok next week, Affiliate Summit West approaching in January. A lot of marketing pals to meet.. And a lot of business deals to be done, right?
Networking will be at level 3000, so we found a bunch of tips shared by Paul Jey to make sure you make the most of these conferences:
- Build relationships with speakers and experts: If there is a speaker you like, try to meet them after their talk and start building a relationship. As Jay stated, “the learning experience does not need to feel like watching YouTube videos”. Not to mention the fact that having an expert in your network will pay off in the long run.
- Figure out what your business needs for 2020 before stepping foot on a plane: Write down the 3 biggest things you are struggling with and 3 things you need to grow your business in 2020. That way, you’ll know what you need to be looking for at the conference.
- Bring people together: Try to organize meetups or drinks and invite some like minded people along..
- Don’t forget to party: If you’ve never been to one of these things before, you’ll be surprised by just how generous affiliates are at sharing their insights. Their generosity tends to increase after a bunch of drinks too, so, make alcohol the secret game changer for your biz 😉
There you go! Some solid tips from our friend Paul Jey.
The Crew is open to meeting you there too, and we’re offering something to further increase the ROI of these conferences: We want to pay for your ticket!
Affiliate World Asia, Affiliate Summit West, PerformanceIN Live! We got you covered for your next favourite conference! You just need to refer this newsletter to 250 of your friends and we’ll send you the ticket of your choice!
Cheers to great networking and we’ll see you in Bangkok 😉
Things got zucked up, again
So yeah, it happened again! Second time in a row. Facebook and Instagram hit a wall and crashed during the hottest time of the year, leaving advertisers high and dry.
While the Facebook login page said: “Sorry, something went wrong. We’re working on getting this fixed as soon as we can.” Instagram simply admitted: “Oops, an error occurred.”
Users from across the world reported issues with being unable to post to Facebook or view stories on Instagram. There were even some reports of problems with Messenger, too.
As usual, Twitter was the go-to place for people to rant and express their dismay.
If you are a regular reader, you already knew where to look to find out whether it was a widespread problem or not. We had a look too, and it seems clear that there were issues with Ad Creation/Editing, Ad Delivery, Reporting and almost everything else.
So yeah, Thanksgiving was pretty much a bummer, again. Thanks Zuck.
Thankfully, both FB and IG restored their services a few hours later, but we can’t really make sure that this isn’t gonna happen again in the near future.
Being an experienced marketer, you already know the only thing you can do during such times is to just sit back, relax and wait it out.
Though we really hope you used this unplanned free time to execute some of the Google Ads strategies we’ve been sharing over the past week.
🚀 Get up to $500 bonus to work with some high-quality push traffic from RichPush!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year… The time when users are converting like crazy and when one of our favourite traffic sources, RichPush, is giving you awesome bonuses. It’s called Black Friday, but you knew that already.
So what’s this Black Friday Deal from RichPush about? Until December 1st, you can get up to a $500 bonus in increments. For every $100 you spend on push traffic, you get $25 back. There are some details to take into account:
- You must be a new user of RichPush.
- You have to make your first deposit until 1st December 2019 – Do it now.
- Your first deposit can be any amount.
- After every $100 spent, you will get $25 bonus.
That’s not all you get! Sign up now and you will also get:
- A 30% first deposit bonus for RichPops (pop traffic, if that tickles your fancy).
- Other exclusive bonuses from RichPush partners.
- Access to a personal Push Ads expert.
There’s a reason push ads have been the star of 2019 for affiliates running anything from e-commerce to lead gen. Don’t get left behind in 2020 too, take advantage of the offer RichPush just put forward.
Another example of “Making the most out of your list”
At this point you should already know that email works a treat to bump up those backend revenues. So, let’s take a look at this case study shared by Dániel Budai. It’s very detailed, but we’ll trim it down into bite size reading for you.
The product was already tested, as were the audiences. The cold traffic part was working well. The backend wasn’t doing too great though, with emails representing just 6% of the revenues.
Not all leads are created equal: First step was to change how leads were generated. Initially, the website was using a lucky wheel pop up. The conversion rate was pretty high, but the lead quality wasn’t great. So, the first step was creating a pop up that would generate higher quality leads.
Once this was done, they created the following flows:
- New customer upsell flow
- Returning customer flow
- VIP customer flow
- Winback flow
- Welcome flow – Mobile traffic
- Welcome flow – Desktop traffic
- Abandoned cart flow
- Abandoned cart One-Click Upsell flow
- Browse abandonment flow
List cleaning: The list had around 96k subscribers, but most of them were unengaged. So, they started off by warming up the email infrastructure to avoid inbox issues, then sent out some engaging emails without sales intent. After checking the inbox rates, they started to send the first sales campaigns.
All these improvements generated an extra 25% in revenue, which translated to 6 figures. The post is pretty detailed, and if you’re into improving your email game you should definitely have a look at it.
- AFFILIATE: Matt Diggity shared a case study about an affiliate site where he takes a closer look at onsite, offsite & technical SEO and conversion rate optimization.
- CHATBOTS: Rutger Thole explains why you don’t have to get approved for subscription messaging and walks you through the upcoming changes to the Messenger Terms of Service rolling out in January 2020.
- E-COMMERCE: Alex Fedotoff shares his top 7 psychological hacks that could help you skyrocket your conversions this shopping season.
- SEO: Recently launched Google Actions is now available to all publishers. Here’s how you can use it to get more mileage out of your SEO strategy and reach more searchers organically.
Two fathers and two sons went fishing one day. They were there the whole day and only caught 3 fish. One father said, that is enough for all of us, we will have one each. How can this be possible?
You can find the solution by clicking here.
Cool tech, (funny) business, lifestyle and all the other things affiliates like to chat about while sipping cocktails by the pool.
No plans for the holidays? We got ya!
Most of us are always late to the party. We like to do things unplanned and impromptu. We get it!
A few days ago, we shared some last minute strategies to help you make the most of this holiday season with your paid search marketing. But that’s not all The Crew does.
We also want to make sure that you enjoy your holiday season as much as possible.
So, we did some digging and came across this private island. It’s off the coast of Belize, and you can rent it for just $200 per night! Just imagine being surrounded by the azure blue water with nobody else in sight except you and your friends.
The island is home to five 1k square-foot villas and is outfitted in classic island style, with rattan furniture, vaulted bamboo ceilings, outdoor showers, billiards table, dining area, and fresh water pool with a swim-up bar.
Well, it’s a private island so you can’t order food or go out to dine, but not to worry! The place comes with its own chef, although knowing you all we imagine he’ll spend most of his time making Pina Coladas rather than any actual food…
There is a small catch – You gotta bring 19 friends along, but we’re sure you guys and gals can manage that.
The island can hold up to 20 people, which works out to a starting nightly per person rate of around $200.
We hope we made your holidays much more special with this find. Remember to send pictures.